Dahlman Seed of Dassel, Minnesota is a family owned Seed Company committed to selling premium seed that is performance-proven across a wide range of environments. This season we are offering 28 corn hybrids adapted for the northern Corn Belt with 8 of these being NEW. This season we are proud to be offering 14 soybean varieties. Seven RR2Yield varieties with 4 of these being NEW and 7 NEW Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™. Our corn product lineup ranges from 78 day to 104 day and the soybean lineup ranges from 0.09 to 2.1 relative maturity. The soybeans are Genuity® Roundup 2 Yield® or Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™. Most of our hybrids are REFUGE-IN-A-BAG seed blended with either a 5% or 10% approved refuge hybrid, continuing Dahlman’s commitment of delivering the highest quality products available today. For the 2017 season SmartStax® RIB Complete®, VTDoublePRO® RIB Complete®, RIB Complete®, Roundup Ready® Corn 2 plus Conventional hybrids.
2017 NEW Dahlman products
- R41-22VT2PRIB an 82 day VTDoublePRO RIB COMPLETE with excellent early season vigor, very good grain drydown, a girthy ear with great flex and exceptional stay green and late season intactness. Position on all soil types but can withstand stress prone conditions. Excellent overall standability with a “clean” look plus strong stalk and root strength and very good tolerance to NCLB and Gray Leaf Spot.
- R43-26VT2PRIB an 85 day VTDoublePRO RIB COMPLETE has top-end yield potential and excellent drydown across all yield environments. A girthy, very consistent ear with good flex and superb stress tolerance makes this a leader for the north including a solid disease package with excellent Eyespot tolerance.
- R44-25VT2PRIB an 88 day VTDoublePRO RIB COMPLETE is a Medium-Tall hybrid that is well suited for tighter soil types, including clay. Great performance on average to better soils but also adapts to low yielding environments. Excellent overall agronomic and disease package with very good tolerance to NCLB. Great fall intactness with a girthy ear that can flex in low population situations.
- R47-24VT2PRIB a 94 day VTDoublePRO RIB COMPLETE is a Medium-Tall plant with an upright leaf style and a large root mass. Very good stalk and root strength, girthy semi-flex ear that responds to high populations and fertility. Will emerge rapidly and tends to flower a bit early for its RM. It can be positioned as a full season hybrid. Best performance when positioned on average to better soils but adapts to variable soils with good drought tolerance. Excellent tolerance to Goss’ Wilt and Eyespot.
- R49-342SSRIB a 98 day SmartStax RIB COMPLETE has great tolerance for drought and heat stress and can be positioned on good to variable soils east to west. A very strong disease and overall agronomic package allows top performance in many different environments’. Excellent tolerance to NCLB, Gray Leaf Spot and Common Rust with above average test weight, great late season intactness and excellent root and stalk strength as main characteristic strengths.
- R50-357SSRIB a 100 day SmartStax RIB COMPLETE has a medium plant style with phenomenal late season intactness, fantastic grain quality and a very consistent and balanced bloc ear. Very stable top end yield potential across environments and soils. Great tolerance for high populations and stress environments plus excellent tolerance to Eyespot, Leaf Anthracnose and very good tolerance to Goss’ Wilt. Expect a very “clean” looking hybrid at harvest with a big yield potential.
- R52-352SSRIB a 100 day SmartStax RIB COMPLETE is A medium tall, leafy, nice looking hybrid with a consistent semi-flex girthy ear. Good choice for cold soils because of strong emergence and superb early season vigor. Excellent stalk strength, good late season intactness and an open husk for rapid drydown potential. A top performance hybrid adapted across a large area with good western movement that also flowers very early for a 104 day hybrid.
- 67009X, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™, 0.09 RM; a taller line with good lateral branches, very good IDC and stress tolerance. Great emergence and BSR tolerance helps it handle the tough RRV soils. Very good Phytophthora field tolerance with heavy pod development at every node plus strong top cluster ability gives this variety top-end yield potential.
- 56009NRR2Y, 0.09 RM; Brings multiple characteristics into one variety for the northern soybean grower with the unique Rps 3a + 1c gene for Phytophthora Root Rot protection with SCN. Plus good IDC & SWM tolerance compared to competition. Excellent emergence and stress tolerance and multi-year consistently top performing data on variable soil types and environments.
- 5601RR2Y, 0.1 RM; Strong agronomic package and solid overall performance in NW MN and North Dakota. Very good IDC & BSR tolerance. Good lateral branching showing good width for an early variety.
- 6703XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™, 0.3 RM; adapts to variable soil types and environments and is an offensive/defensive variety. Rps 3a gene, excellent IDC, stress tolerance, outstanding emergence and standability exhibiting strong lateral branching. Overall very solid agronomics.
- 6707XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™, 0.7 RM; an attractive, unique looking line with very good IDC and stress tolerance. Will handle tough clay soils and has a high Phytophthora field tolerance. Best positioned on average to poor soils in adapted RM and further north.
- 6709XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™, 0.9 RM; has a strong agronomic package with great IDC, Phytophthora field tolerance and emergence. Aggressive lateral branches fill the row quickly and heavily podded at each node with a good ability to top cluster pods. Strong performance in Minnesota with improved performance going west.
- 6713XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™, 1.3 RM; has attractive large dark green leaves and a high yield potential paired with a solid agronomic package including very good drought tolerance. Carries the unique Rps 3a +1c gene for multi-race Phytophthora Root Rot tolerance and an excellent overall disease package that will perform in many environments. Position Minnesota west into SD & ND.
- 6617XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend, 1.7 RM; has very consistent performance results from southern Minnesota west into South Dakota. An excellent standing variety with fantastic emergence & a moderate resistance to BSR. An offensive/defensive variety with remarkable SWM tolerance.
- 5719NRR2Y, 1.9 RM; has an attractive uniform field appearance and a very strong agronomic package with very good BSR, SDS & SWM tolerance. Aggressive upright lateral branches heavily podded with the ability to top cluster pods. Good choice for cold soils and stress prone acres east to west in adapt RM.
- 5721NRR2Y, 2.1 RM; has a very solid overall disease package; resistant to BSR, very good SDS and above average IDC tolerance making it a great fit for most acres. Very consistent top-end performance across South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa. Good choice for bean on bean rotations and stress prone soils.
- 6721XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend, 2.1 RM; has dominate yield potential across a large area east to west. A Medium-Tall variety with amazing lateral branches and width. Heavily podded on the main stem with a high number of 4 seed pods. Position in most environments and a very good choice for stress prone acres.